Your Tweet, My Right. Can a Public Figure block you from Accessing their Tweets?

Dear Listers,

Thank you for the positive feedback on the article and the suggestions on
how to go about implementing it. Grace looking forward to hearing Chief
Kariuki and perhaps you may ask him his take on this matter.

Kind Regards

Tevin Mwenda Gitonga

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 1:15 PM Sylvia Chepkoech via kictanet <
kictanet@lists.kictanet.or.ke> wrote:

> Thank you for the link Liz.
>
> It’s also encouraging to see public figures like Chief Francis made good
> use of social media. @GG thank you for the head’s up on tomorrow’s program.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sylvia Chepkoech.
>
> On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 11:38 AM Admin CampusCiti via kictanet <
> kictanet@lists.kictanet.or.ke> wrote:
>
>> @GG
>>
>> That should be interesting!
>>
>> *Ali Hussein*
>>
>> +254 0713 601113
>>
>> Twitter: @AliHKassim
>>
>> Skype: abu-jomo
>>
>> LinkedIn: ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassim
>> <ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassim>
>>
>> Blog: www.alyhussein.com
>>
>> “Discovery consists in seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking
>> what no one else has thought”. ~ Albert Szent-Györgyi
>>
>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>> On 16 Oct 2019, at 10:50 AM, Ali Hussein <ali@hussein.me.ke> wrote:
>>
>> Interesting Liz.
>>
>> From where I seat the answer is an emphatic yes!
>>
>> I however, fear that we then must take our public officials through an
>> intensive course of Social and Online Etiquette.
>>
>> One great benchmark is Chief Kariuki of Nakuru. He has taken the use of
>> Social Media to serve citizens to another level.
>>
>> *Ali Hussein*
>>
>> +254 0713 601113
>>
>> Twitter: @AliHKassim
>>
>> Skype: abu-jomo
>>
>> LinkedIn: ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassim
>>
>> “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a
>> habit.” ~ Aristotle
>>
>>
>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> On 16 Oct 2019, at 9:02 AM, Liz Orembo via kictanet <
>> kictanet@lists.kictanet.or.ke> wrote:
>>
>> Listers,
>>
>> A very interesting read by Tevin Mwenda,
>>
>> Can social media accounts of public officials in Kenya be construed to be
>> channels that can be used by the public to access information from their
>> elected leaders and other public leaders regarding them?
>>
>> Are those public officials allowed to block someone from accessing them
>> when they use the same channels to interact with citizens?
>>
>> Full article here: www.kictanet.or.ke/?p=40802
>>
>> —
>>
>> Best regards.
>> Liz.
>>
>> PGP ID: 0x1F3488BF
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> kictanet mailing list
>> kictanet@lists.kictanet.or.ke
>> lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/listinfo/kictanet
>> Twitter: http://twitter.com/kictanet
>> Facebook: www.facebook.com/KICTANet/
>>
>> Unsubscribe or change your options at
>> lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/info%40alyhussein.com
>>
>> The Kenya ICT Action Network (KICTANet) is a multi-stakeholder platform
>> for people and institutions interested and involved in ICT policy and
>> regulation. The network aims to act as a catalyst for reform in the ICT
>> sector in support of the national aim of ICT enabled growth and development.
>>
>> KICTANetiquette : Adhere to the same standards of acceptable behaviors
>> online that you follow in real life: respect people’s times and bandwidth,
>> share knowledge, don’t flame or abuse or personalize, respect privacy, do
>> not spam, do not market your wares or qualifications.
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> kictanet mailing list
>> kictanet@lists.kictanet.or.ke
>> lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/listinfo/kictanet
>> Twitter: http://twitter.com/kictanet
>> Facebook: www.facebook.com/KICTANet/
>>
>> Unsubscribe or change your options at
>> lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/sylviachepkoech%40gmail.com
>>
>> The Kenya ICT Action Network (KICTANet) is a multi-stakeholder platform
>> for people and institutions interested and involved in ICT policy and
>> regulation. The network aims to act as a catalyst for reform in the ICT
>> sector in support of the national aim of ICT enabled growth and development.
>>
>> KICTANetiquette : Adhere to the same standards of acceptable behaviors
>> online that you follow in real life: respect people’s times and bandwidth,
>> share knowledge, don’t flame or abuse or personalize, respect privacy, do
>> not spam, do not market your wares or qualifications.
>>
> _______________________________________________
> kictanet mailing list
> kictanet@lists.kictanet.or.ke
> lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/listinfo/kictanet
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/kictanet
> Facebook: www.facebook.com/KICTANet/
>
> Unsubscribe or change your options at
> lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/tevinmwenda%40gmail.com
>
> The Kenya ICT Action Network (KICTANet) is a multi-stakeholder platform
> for people and institutions interested and involved in ICT policy and
> regulation. The network aims to act as a catalyst for reform in the ICT
> sector in support of the national aim of ICT enabled growth and development.
>
> KICTANetiquette : Adhere to the same standards of acceptable behaviors
> online that you follow in real life: respect people’s times and bandwidth,
> share knowledge, don’t flame or abuse or personalize, respect privacy, do
> not spam, do not market your wares or qualifications.
>

_______________________________________________
kictanet mailing list

KICTANet Admin information

Related Posts

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.