The eighth National Internet Governance Forum (IGF) attracted more than 200 participants and was officially opened by ICT and Innovation Principal Secretary Victor Kyalo. The forum brought together government, the private sector, academia, the media, civil society, technical communities and individual users to deliberate on existing and emerging internet-related
The main issues of discussion included:
- Blockchain Technology and implications on the industry,
- Internet and Elections: Information Controls and Political Processes; Internet shutdowns before during and after elections,
- Access and OTTs: Perceptions and Regulation Access Gaps in Kenya, Local Content and its impact on the Internet Ecosystem in Kenya,
- Cyber Security: Status of Cybersecurity in Kenya, and Status of Child online protection in
- The Role of Government, Academia and the Private Sector in Encouraging Innovation.
Special thanks to our new and longtime supporters: UNESCO, KENIC, Facebook, ISOC and IGF Support Association for sponsoring the Kenya IGF 2016.