The most invasive apps: which apps are sharing your personal data?

All of them? Without exception?

Regards

*Ali Hussein*

Digital Transformation

Tel: +254 713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim

Skype: abu-jomo

LinkedIn: ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassim
<ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassim>

Any information of a personal nature expressed in this email are purely
mine and do not necessarily reflect the official positions of the
organizations that I work with.

On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 8:05 AM David Indeje <davidindeje@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ali,
>
>
> Yes, they do if you do not accept.
>
> On Thu, 25 Mar 2021, 7:46 am Ali Hussein via kictanet, <
> kictanet@lists.kictanet.or.ke> wrote:
>
>> Victor
>>
>> Interesting! Thanks for sharing. Curious, do any of these apps block you
>> from accessing the application if you refuse certain permissions?
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> *Ali Hussein*
>>
>> Digital Transformation
>>
>>
>> Tel: +254 713 601113
>>
>> Twitter: @AliHKassim
>>
>> Skype: abu-jomo
>>
>> LinkedIn: ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassim
>> <ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassim>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Any information of a personal nature expressed in this email are purely
>> mine and do not necessarily reflect the official positions of the
>> organizations that I work with.
>>
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 7:36 AM Victor Kapiyo via kictanet <
>> kictanet@lists.kictanet.or.ke> wrote:
>>
>>> This article identified which apps shared the most of your private data
>>> with third parties, and those which gathered the most for their own
>>> benefits, to find the most invasive overall.
>>>
>>> Top on the list are Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Uber Eats which
>>> were found to share the most data (79%, 57%, 50% and 50% respectively, of
>>> the data they collected) with third parties.
>>>
>>> Read more: blog.pcloud.com/invasive-apps/
>>>
>>> *Victor Kapiyo*
>>> Partner | *Lawmark Partners LLP*
>>> *Suite No. 8, Centro House, Westlands, Nairobi | **Web:
>>> www.lawmark.co.ke <www.lawmark.co.ke> *
>>> ====================================================
>>>
>>> *“Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude” Zig
>>> Ziglar*
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> kictanet mailing list
>>> kictanet@lists.kictanet.or.ke
>>> lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/listinfo/kictanet
>>> Twitter: http://twitter.com/kictanet
>>> Facebook: www.facebook.com/KICTANet/
>>>
>>> Unsubscribe or change your options at
>>> lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/info%40alyhussein.com
>>>
>>> The Kenya ICT Action Network (KICTANet) is a multi-stakeholder platform
>>> for people and institutions interested and involved in ICT policy and
>>> regulation. The network aims to act as a catalyst for reform in the ICT
>>> sector in support of the national aim of ICT enabled growth and development.
>>>
>>> KICTANetiquette : Adhere to the same standards of acceptable behaviors
>>> online that you follow in real life: respect people’s times and bandwidth,
>>> share knowledge, don’t flame or abuse or personalize, respect privacy, do
>>> not spam, do not market your wares or qualifications.
>>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> kictanet mailing list
>> kictanet@lists.kictanet.or.ke
>> lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/listinfo/kictanet
>> Twitter: http://twitter.com/kictanet
>> Facebook: www.facebook.com/KICTANet/
>>
>> Unsubscribe or change your options at
>> lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/davidindeje%40gmail.com
>>
>> The Kenya ICT Action Network (KICTANet) is a multi-stakeholder platform
>> for people and institutions interested and involved in ICT policy and
>> regulation. The network aims to act as a catalyst for reform in the ICT
>> sector in support of the national aim of ICT enabled growth and development.
>>
>> KICTANetiquette : Adhere to the same standards of acceptable behaviors
>> online that you follow in real life: respect people’s times and bandwidth,
>> share knowledge, don’t flame or abuse or personalize, respect privacy, do
>> not spam, do not market your wares or qualifications.
>>
>

_______________________________________________
kictanet mailing list

KICTANet Admin information

Related Posts

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.