How will the merger of Telkom Kenya and Airtel Kenya affect the National Optic Fibre Backbone #NOFBI?
According to the ICT Authority Website, #NOFBI aimed at ensuring connectivity in all the 47 counties of Kenya. The objective was to ease communication as well as improve G2C Services. Key players are:-
1. Government of Kenya and the Chinese Government (funding);
2. Ministry of ICT (oversight);
3. ICT Authority (implementing agency);
4. Huawei (building a national fiber optic infrastructure);
5. Telkom Kenya (operations and maintenance)
Something else to watch. The telecom industry has now become ether a duopoly or oligopoly in most countries with either two (duopoly) or 3-4 (oligarchy) key players docking it out:-
Is competition dead in the Telco sector worldwide?
Have governments simply handed over the cost and risk of capital to closely chosen and controlled private entities while holding the regulatory big stick over their heads?
AHK & Associates
+254 0713 601113
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.” ~ Aristotle
Sent from my iPad
kictanet mailing list