It is time for the Universal Service Fund to shine

Kanini

This particular initiative is supposed to address the inequity you are
talking about. I’m curious to hear from you how you think this will
entrench inequity.

Regards

*Ali Hussein*

Tel: +254 713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim

Skype: abu-jomo

LinkedIn: ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassim
<ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassim>

Any information of a personal nature expressed in this email are purely
mine and do not necessarily reflect the official positions of the
organizations that I work with.

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 2:02 PM kanini mutemi via kictanet <
kictanet@lists.kictanet.or.ke> wrote:

> Kudos to Longhorn and Safaricom. Sadly, these initiatives will keep
> entrench inequity if we don’t have urgent interventions to guarantee access
> for every child. Alternatively, for every digital solution, they should
> design an alternative for those with no access.
>
> If one thing is apparent from the pandemic – access to the internet is a
> human rights issue. No other way about it.
>
> On Wed, 15 Apr 2020 at 13:55, Ali Hussein via kictanet <
> kictanet@lists.kictanet.or.ke> wrote:
>
>> Kanini
>>
>> Great point. No one should be left behind. I’m seeing great initiatives
>> by corporations already. For example, Longhorn has announced a partnership
>> with Safaricom for elearning. Free internet.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> *Ali Hussein*
>>
>>
>> Tel: +254 713 601113
>>
>> Twitter: @AliHKassim
>>
>> Skype: abu-jomo
>>
>> LinkedIn: ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassim
>> <ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassim>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Any information of a personal nature expressed in this email are purely
>> mine and do not necessarily reflect the official positions of the
>> organizations that I work with.
>>
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 1:49 PM kanini mutemi via kictanet <
>> kictanet@lists.kictanet.or.ke> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Listers,
>>>
>>> Wouldn’t this be an opportune time for USF to realize that last mile
>>> connectivity and subsidized internet access? We’re moving everything
>>> online- how about those who are left behind?
>>> —
>>> *Mercy Mutemi, Advocate*.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> kictanet mailing list
>>> kictanet@lists.kictanet.or.ke
>>> lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/listinfo/kictanet
>>> Twitter: http://twitter.com/kictanet
>>> Facebook: www.facebook.com/KICTANet/
>>>
>>> Unsubscribe or change your options at
>>> lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/info%40alyhussein.com
>>>
>>> The Kenya ICT Action Network (KICTANet) is a multi-stakeholder platform
>>> for people and institutions interested and involved in ICT policy and
>>> regulation. The network aims to act as a catalyst for reform in the ICT
>>> sector in support of the national aim of ICT enabled growth and development.
>>>
>>> KICTANetiquette : Adhere to the same standards of acceptable behaviors
>>> online that you follow in real life: respect people’s times and bandwidth,
>>> share knowledge, don’t flame or abuse or personalize, respect privacy, do
>>> not spam, do not market your wares or qualifications.
>>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> kictanet mailing list
>> kictanet@lists.kictanet.or.ke
>> lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/listinfo/kictanet
>> Twitter: http://twitter.com/kictanet
>> Facebook: www.facebook.com/KICTANet/
>>
>> Unsubscribe or change your options at
>> lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/kaninimutemi%40gmail.com
>>
>> The Kenya ICT Action Network (KICTANet) is a multi-stakeholder platform
>> for people and institutions interested and involved in ICT policy and
>> regulation. The network aims to act as a catalyst for reform in the ICT
>> sector in support of the national aim of ICT enabled growth and development.
>>
>> KICTANetiquette : Adhere to the same standards of acceptable behaviors
>> online that you follow in real life: respect people’s times and bandwidth,
>> share knowledge, don’t flame or abuse or personalize, respect privacy, do
>> not spam, do not market your wares or qualifications.
>>
> —
> *Mercy Mutemi, Advocate*.
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> kictanet mailing list
> kictanet@lists.kictanet.or.ke
> lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/listinfo/kictanet
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/kictanet
> Facebook: www.facebook.com/KICTANet/
>
> Unsubscribe or change your options at
> lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/info%40alyhussein.com
>
> The Kenya ICT Action Network (KICTANet) is a multi-stakeholder platform
> for people and institutions interested and involved in ICT policy and
> regulation. The network aims to act as a catalyst for reform in the ICT
> sector in support of the national aim of ICT enabled growth and development.
>
> KICTANetiquette : Adhere to the same standards of acceptable behaviors
> online that you follow in real life: respect people’s times and bandwidth,
> share knowledge, don’t flame or abuse or personalize, respect privacy, do
> not spam, do not market your wares or qualifications.
>

_______________________________________________
kictanet mailing list

KICTANet Admin information

Related Posts

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.