The Kenya IGF will be held a hybrid event held on 23rd September 2021 during the IGF week that takes of 20th to 23rd.
The program for the 2021 IGF is still under review, and registration for the event will be opened soon.
Theme: â€œInternet Unitedâ€œ
The main outcome of the Kenya IGF is to maximize opportunities for open and inclusive dialogue and the exchange of ideas on Internet Governance (IG) related issues. Others include:
- Creation of opportunities to share best practices and experiences;
- Identification of emerging issues and bringing them to the attention of the relevant bodies and the general public; and,
- Contribution to capacity building for Internet governance.
- Bringing new voices into the Internet Governance Conversation.
- Develop a common national position with key recommendations to feed to East Africa and Africa IGFs.
The Internet Governance Forum (IGF) is an open and inclusive multi-stakeholder forum where public policy issues related to key elements of Internet governance, such as the Internet’s sustainability, robustness, security, stability and development are discussed. The event brings together stakeholders representing government, the private sector, civil society, the technical and academic community, media and the public in an informal setting for policy dialogue on Internet governance issues on an equal basis through an open and inclusive process. This type of cooperative engagement is usually referred to as the multistakeholder model of Internet Governance, which is one of the key features for the Internetâ€™s success. This model is paramount to ensure that the Internet remains sustainable for economic and social development.
584 total views, 2 views today