Submission deadline: 25th March, 2018
The Kenya ICT Action Network (KICTANet), together with Article 19 East Africa, BudgIT, Centre for Intellectual Property and Information, Technology Law at Strathmore University (CIPIT), Co-Creation Hub, the Collaboration on International ICT Policy for East and Southern Africa (CIPESA), iHub, and Paradigm Initiative, with support from the Ford Foundation’s Internet Freedom Program, are pleased to issue this open call for proposals (CFP) for a consultancy for Mapping and Making Available Evidence-Based Research for Internet Policies in Africa.
This call responds to the need to have evidence-based research in Internet Policies in the region, which will ultimately nurture public debate and due consideration by policy makers in Africa.
The specific objectives of this consultancy are:
- to identify a preliminary scope of the initiative;
- to map available research;
- to create an online repository/directory of research;
- to lead the collaborative design of a strategy for the inclusion of private research by the partner organizations;
- to develop learning from existing research for the partner organizations;
- to lead the collaborative design of a strategy for encouraging the production of discrete pieces of needed research by the partner organizations; and,
- to support the development of a communication strategy for effective use of discrete pieces of research in public policy settings, in partnership with a communications expert chosen by the partner organizations.
- Description of the proposed consultancy
- Researchers’ qualifications and track record:
- Proposed timelines
- Copyright and Intellectual property
The selection committee will shortlist and make the final decision based on the following criteria:
- Relevant and demonstrated experience including qualifications and previous work undertaken;
- Responsiveness to the objectives (knowledge and understanding of the requirements of the consultancy and deliverables;
- Demonstration of innovation, including suggestions and/or improvements to the objectives
- Budget feasibility
Please go through the document below before you start your application. For clarifications, please send an email to Alberto Cerda, at a.cerda[at]fordfoundation.org, by March 20, 2018.
Visited 587 Times, 1 Visit today